We serve San Diego's sex trafficking survivors by offering a path to recovery and personal freedom.
GenerateHope is a faith-based organization providing long-term, comprehensive housing and trauma recovery programs to young women who have been sexually trafficked, so that they are able to reintegrate into society and walk powerfully into their future.
Our vision is that all young women seeking recovery from the trauma of sex trafficking will have access to caring, trauma-informed educational and mental health services so that one day she will again live in independence and self-sufficiency, sustain positive well-being, and celebrate a purposeful life as an inspiring member of the community.
estimated trafficking victims in San Diego alone, of whom 1,766 were contacted by law enforcement
in annual revenue estimated from the underground commercial sex economy in San Diego alone
San Diego - Top 8 Cities
for commercial sexual exploitation of children across the country, per the most recent FBI study
- 110 gangs were identified in San Diego involved in recruiting and selling women / girls in the sex trade
- San Diego is an international gateway city for sex trafficking, but the epidemic of demand is domestic
- Sex trafficking is a multi-billion dollar business annually and is the fastest growing sector of organized crime.
- Recruitment is happening in our middle schools, high schools, public transportation, malls, parks, group homes, anywhere that teens socialize.
The Department of Justice study, funded by the National Institute of Justice, was led by Principal Investigator Ami Carpenter, PhD, USD and conducted in close collaboration with Jamie Gates, PhD, at PLNU. The National Institute of Justice has been a leader in the United States in funding and commissioning research on trafficking issues.
1 in 3 TEENS
will be lured toward prostitution within 48 hours of leaving home
victims were sexually assaulted as children
victims in confirmed sex trafficking cases are US citizens
- Homeless, runaway & throwaway children and youth
- Victims of child abuse or domestic violence
- Children in an unstable or neglectful home environment
- Individuals with low self esteem or missing a parent figure in their lives
- Individuals looking to improve their lives
- Anyone with access to the Internet
The GenerateHope Solution
GenerateHope is a safe place for trafficked girls and women to heal, to find confidence, and to discover their future.
Long-term, Safe Housing in a compassionate environment.
Each woman has her own room within the GenerateHope safe house, where they live together as a family and are supported by House Moms and staff. We believe in a family environment where each woman can receive the individual support she needs.
Emotional Health - Psychotherapy, groups, and adjunct therapy support to heal from the extreme trauma of the sex trade.
Our women receive group and individual therapy that is trauma-informed and relative to their experiences so that they can heal and move on from their history of trafficking.
Learning Center : High school education, college preparation, tutoring, life skills and employment readiness
Each woman receives education according to her own needs and pace. Our Instructor creates an individual plan for each woman to find success. Areas of study range from writing skills, literature, math and finance, resume building, college preparation, job skills and more.
Case Management : Access to social, medical, and community support services.
Our treatment team helps each woman achieve her goals through adjunct therapies and community services so that she can be healthy and successful as she moves towards independence
have been welcomed to build a life of freedom at GenerateHope
is the average length of stay to complete the GenerateHope recovery program
have been educated on sex trafficking by GenerateHope
- GenerateHope 6-month studies demonstrate a dramatic increase in women's self-esteem
- GenerateHope 6-month studies demonstrate dramatic decreases in women's symptoms of PTSD and depression
- GenerateHope residents focus an array of new goals such as: completing their high school or college education, identifying a living-wage career path, maintaining and celebrating their sobriety, reuniting with their families and children, obtaining their driver's licenses, moving into their own apartments, and becoming healthy, self-regulating members of the community.