We serve San Diego's sex trafficking survivors by offering a real way out. GenerateHope is a Christian faith-based organization providing a long-term, comprehensive, housing and recovery program to young women who have been sexually trafficked, so that they are able to reintegrate into society and walk powerfully into their future.
GenerateHope's vision is to see survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation recover from the abuse and trauma of the sex trade. It is also our goal to educate our community and work with local law enforcement and task forces to eradicate human trafficking in San Diego.
8,830 - 11,773
trafficking victims estimated each year in San Diego Alone
in annual revenue estimated from the underground commercial sex economy in San Diego alone
San Diego in the top 8 cities
for commercial sexual exploitation of children across the country per the FBI
- 20.9 million people are enslaved around the world
- 110 gangs identified in San Diego alone recruiting & selling women & girls in the sex trade
- San Diego is an international gateway city for sex trafficking
- Sex trafficking is a multi billion dollar business annually and is the fastest growing sector of organized crime.
- Recruitment is happening in our middle schools, high schools, public transportation, malls, parks, group homes, anywhere that teens might be found
1 in 3 TEENS
will be lured toward prostitution within 48 hours of leaving home
victims were sexually assaulted as children
victims in confirmed sex trafficking cases are US citizens
- Homeless, runaway & throwaway children and youth
- Victims of child abuse or domestic violence
- Children in an unstable or neglectful home environment
- Individuals with low self esteem or missing a parent figure in their lives
- Individuals looking to improve their lives
- Anyone with access to the Internet
The GenerateHope Solution
GenerateHope is a safe place for trafficked girls and women to heal, to find confidence, and to discover their future.
Long-term, safe Housing in a compassionate environment.
Each woman has her own room within the GenerateHope safe house, where they live together as a family and are supported by House Moms and staff. We believe in a family environment where each woman can receive the individual support she needs.
Rehabilitation - Psychotherapy, groups, and support to heal from the trauma of the sex trade.
Our women receive group and individual therapy that is trauma-informed and relative to their experiences so that they can heal and move on from their history of trafficking.
Learning Center : High school education, college preparation, tutoring, life skills and employment readiness
Each woman receives education according to her own needs and pace. Our Instructor creates an individual plan for each woman to find success. Areas of study range from writing skills, literature, math and finance, resume building, college preparation, job skills and more.
Case Management : Access to social, medical and support services.
Our treatment team helps each woman achieve her goals through adjunct therapies and community services so that she can be healthy and successful as she moves towards independence
have found a life of freedom through GenerateHope
of women are successful in leaving the life of the sex trade
have been educated on sex trafficking by GenerateHope
- GenerateHope studies demonstrate a dramatic increase in women's self-esteem
- GenerateHope studies demonstrate dramatic decreases in women's symptoms of PTSD and depression
- GenerateHope residents achieve an array of accomplishments such as: completing their High School Diploma, entering college, returning to mainstream work, achieving and maintaining their sobriety, reuniting with their families and children, moving into their own apartments, obtaining their driver's licenses and becoming healthy individuals